National Disaster management guideline and School Safety policy
National Disaster Management Authority has developed National Disaster management guideline and School Safety policy with a vision for the safety of school children teachers and other stakeholders in the school community. It aims to strengthen the resilience capacity of school community against any disaster in rural and urban areas. This document provides useful guidelines for making schools safe place for the children all across India.
Key elements of guideline
● Addresses the vertical of school safety in a more inclusive and holistic manner in the
National policy sphere
● Capacity building of children, teachers, school personnel, state and district education
Machinery on school safety and disaster preparedness
● Anchoring /implementing child centered community based disaster risk reduction in
the local context
● Mainstreaming risk and safety education in the school curriculum.
● Linking school safety in the existing government schemes and policies.
● Strengthening coordination amongst institutional structures at the district, state, and
National levels to promote effective child rights governance in disaster situations
The National School Safety Policy Guidelines emphasize on the need for active mainstreaming of disaster risk reduction in all the schools in the country. It provides details of action areas, roles and responsibilities and action points for the stakeholders.
|Hazard||lightning, heat wave, flood, earthquake, climate Change, drought,|
|Location||Araria, Arwal, Aurangabad, Banka, Begusarai, Bhagalpur, Bhojpur, Buxar, Darbhanga, East Champaran, Gaya, Gopalganj, Jamui, Jehanabad, Kaimur, Katihar, Khagaria, Kishanganj, Lakhisarai, Madhepura, Madhubani, Monghyr, Muzaffarpur, Nalanda, Nawada, Patna, Purnea, Rohtas, Saharsa, Samastipur, Saran, Sheohar, Shiekhpura, Sitamarhi, Siwan, Supaul, Vaishali, West Champaran,|
|Theme||resilient villages, resilient livelihoods, resilient basic services, resilient critical infrastructure, resilient cities, miscellaneous,|
© 2019 - Disaster Management Department, Government of Bihar