UNISDR strategic framework in 2016 – 2021
UNISDR is the focal point in the United Nations system to coordinate disaster risk reduction and ensure synergies among United Nations agencies and regional organizations. UNISDR declares its strategic actions for the period 2016 to 2021. The Strategic actions are:-
• Support to the intergovernmental work of countries. Including finalizing the terminology for disaster risk reduction and the Indicators for the global targets.
• Support to countries in implementing the Sendai Framework, including development of
National and local strategies and plans with concrete targets and indicators, aligned with
Plans on sustainable development and climate change.
• Development of baselines for the global targets of the Sendai Framework
• Analysis of disaster risks and good practice in the context of sustainable development and
Climate change through Global Assessment
• Review of progress against the Sendai Framework
• Major stock-taking exercise of implementation of the Sendai Framework, including assessing the achievement of target on national and local disaster risk reduction strategies.
The UNISDR Strategic Framework is based on a theory that reduction of disaster risk is essential to sustainable development and a risk-informed development path is key to the successful management of disaster risks.
|Hazard||lightning, heat wave, flood, earthquake, climate Change, drought,|
|Location||Araria, Arwal, Aurangabad, Banka, Begusarai, Bhagalpur, Bhojpur, Buxar, Darbhanga, East Champaran, Gaya, Gopalganj, Jamui, Jehanabad, Kaimur, Katihar, Khagaria, Kishanganj, Lakhisarai, Madhepura, Madhubani, Monghyr, Muzaffarpur, Nalanda, Nawada, Patna, Purnea, Rohtas, Saharsa, Samastipur, Saran, Sheohar, Shiekhpura, Sitamarhi, Siwan, Supaul, Vaishali, West Champaran,|
|Theme||resilient villages, resilient livelihoods, resilient basic services, resilient critical infrastructure, resilient cities, miscellaneous,|
© 2019 - Disaster Management Department, Government of Bihar